Saturday, January 23, 2010

How Kenya 1010 is making waves

Staring at my super grande vanilla chai latte, my thoughts somersault from the 17 inch screen in front of me to the whisper of the leaves as they run amok clawing at my attention.  For most of us, most average of us, I gaze and wonder how we would be able to work day in and day out, one odd job to the next, just for the opportunity to be able to able to volunteer at those places most treasured to us and see this as an overwhelming privilege.  How many of us could just quit our jobs and jump on a plane to Nairobi, Kenya, for a year to be able to work with local Kenyans in empowering these communities in delivering revenue-generating business initiatives.   Let me introduce you to Keith Ives and his commitment to the 1010 project in Kenya : Kenya 1010 Project - listen to our show


0 comments: