Sunday, March 21, 2010

The Ihangane Project in Rwanda with Founder, Dr. Wendy Leonard

I was so completely mesmerized having spoken with Dr. Wendy Leonard this afternoon.  When she spoke about the pilot project her team is spearheading in Rwanda with formula for infants born to women with HIV, it really made me think about the fact that I hadn’t really thought about what happens to very young babies who possibly face the challenge of being malnourished when they are no longer able to be nursed by their mothers.  In fact, the more I think about a young baby not having access to desperately needed nourishment, it motivates me even more than ever to get the word across about the exceptional work Dr. Leonard and her organization, The Ihangane Project is implementing.  Take a look at our show below: Ihangane Project Radio interview

The Ihangane Project can be found at http://www.theihanganeproject.com as well as on Twitter @ihanganeproject 

0 comments: